Book Fair 2019
- Thursday October 24, 5:00 – 8:30, and
- Friday October 25, 5:00 – 8:30 and
- Saturday, October 26, 9:00 – 3:00
At Eastern Quebec Learning Centre (EQLC)
It’s that time of year again where the Community comes together for the Book Fair. This year we decided to add additional dates and times to accommodate those who are unable to make it on Saturday. At this event, books donated by the community will be sold at $2 for hardcovers and $1 for softcovers.
The objective of this event is to raise funds needed in order to create and support work plateaus for young adults with learning difficulties and special needs.
Drop off Points and Other Details
Books to donate? Please drop them off before October 18! If you cannot drop off your books, we may be able to pick up them up before that date also. (See phone number below)
- As usual, you are welcome to continue to drop off your books at the Eastern Quebec Learning Centre (EQLC), 3005, rue William Stuart. Leave them between the front doors, Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.;
- The community Wellness Centre in the Jeffery Hale Pavilion, 1270, chemin Sainte-Foy. Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Leave them by the entrance inside the big sliding doors of the pavilion;
- Quebec High School, 945, avenue Belvédère. Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Leave them at the entrance identified with the Book Fair logo inside the building.
- Valcartier Family Centre, 1743, boul. Valcartier, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (closed for lunch at Noon – 1:00 pm); weeknights, 6:00 – 9:00 p.m and Satudays Noon – 5:00 pm;
We accept payment by credit and debit cards, in addition to cash! All proceeds will be reinvested in creating work platforms for people with special needs.
Please help us spread the word by printing and posting our publicity material:
For any questions or concerns, please call the Book Fair information line, Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. If there is no answer, please leave your name and phone number and we will return your call as soon as possible: 418 570-8355.
Mini Book Fair – Thank you for your support!
This past May 31, SNACS Entrepreneurs held a Mini Book Fair in the Library at Eastern Quebec Learning Centre. From 3:00 to 7:00 p.m., over 105 people went through 5000 pre-sorted boxes on a beautiful Friday afternoon and went away happy with their summer reading in hand.
The number of visitors to the Mini Book Fair proves that people still love holding a real book in their hands. Those in attendance said they recognize the work behind the event, and suggested that we have two big sales per year.
On that note, big Annual Book Fair will take place on Saturday, October 26, at EQLC. Please mark the date and read the QCT for more details in the coming months. You can also visit our website, snacs.ca.
Thank you again to all who supported SNACS Entrepreneurs by coming out to our Mini Book Fair. SNACS Entrepreneurs runs the Book Fair as a work platform for special needs adults and youth in our community, so all proceeds will be reinvested in such endeavours. Our goal is to offer on-the-job training opportunities and employment to people with special needs to help them develop their life skills and social and vocational abilities, while also providing the community with quality services.
If you would like more information about SNACS Entrepreneurs or Book Fair, please call Nectaria Skokos, program coordinator with Jeffery Hale Community Partners in the area of community development and vitality, at 418 684-5333, ext. 1517.
SNACS Book Fair 2018: A Grand Success !
Thank you to all who supported the Annual English-language Book Fair on November 3 at Eastern Quebec Learning Centre.
Over 27,000 books were donated, approximately 750 people shopped and about $9500 was raised, just shy of our $10,000 objective.
All funds raised will be invested in creating and supporting work plateaus for young adults with learning difficulties and special needs in Quebec City’s English-speaking Community.
The Annual Book Fair tradition will continue in 2019, so stay tuned for more details.